FREE Day of Play and
New Client Evaluation
Day Care discount applies to first time day care customers only.
Call Bittersweet Niles
Call Bittersweet Three Rivers
Looking for a way to keep your dog safe and happy while you’re away? Bittersweet Pet Resorts’ doggy daycare in Portage, MI, Niles, MI & Kalamazoo, MI is a specially designed program to ensure your dog gets the right amount of socialization, play, and exercise while you’re at work or running errands. Call us to schedule your dog’s day out!
Fun & Safe Dog Daycare in Portage, MI, Niles, MI & Kalamazoo, MI
Does your dog need a place to have fun, stay busy, and make new friends while you’re away from home? Perhaps you work long hours, or he gets into mischief during the day? Bittersweet Pet Resorts gives dogs a healthy and safe place to play – fully supervised by professionals, of course.
- Spacious outdoor play yards with natural grass and special turf surfaces
- Exciting toys and obstacles make our yards a perfect canine playground
- Secure, tall fencing surrounds all our outdoor yards
- Splash pools and shaded areas keep pets cool on hot days
- Groups are kept small and chosen based on size, personality, and play style
- All dogs are supervised 100% of the time by our highly trained and pet-loving staff
- Daycare guests take breaks inside our climate-controlled facility to keep everyone recharged and rested
New – Doggie Day School- in both locations!
- Offered to less social dogs, over 12 months old.
- Dogs still learning basic manners.
- Dogs that need extra enrichment and stimulation.
New – Puppy Kindergarten – in both locations!
A 20-day program for puppies 6 months or younger to start an introduction to…
- Supervised socialization with puppies, adult dogs, and people!
- Frequent, short, and positive reinforcement training throughout the day.
- Plenty of age-appropriate nap times and potty breaks.
- Crate training and enrichment in between playtimes.
- Healthy exercise on our treadmill.
- Scheduled meal breaks to provide a steady routine.
- Introduction to basic grooming with 2 nail trims, 2 brush outs, 2 ear cleanings, and their first full-service bath.
- And, of course, their 1st day of school photo on Facebook as well as weekly updates from our trainers.
Special Doggy Daycare Events
Why Dog Daycare? The Benefits:
- Dogs are active and social—they need to run and romp regularly to satisfy their natural cravings for stimulation. And for most dogs, the chance to play with other dogs is a joy like no other. A neutral territory like daycare provides an ideal setting for group play with expert supervision.
- Left home for extended periods of time, dogs often don’t get the physical exercise or mental activity they need every day. And busy owners can be just too dog-tired to give their dog enough exercise and play regularly. After a day at Bittersweet, expect your pooch to be the one who’s more dog-tired than you!
- Destructive behavior, incessant barking, regression in housebreaking—these can be indications of a dog who is lonely or bored. A safe, constructive, and fun daycare environment like at Bittersweet can reduce challenging home habits.
- Animal experts agree that socialization of dogs is key to their well-being. And daycare is a great place for your dog to make new friends—of both the canine and human persuasion!
Dog Daycare FAQs
What vaccinations does my dog need to join daycare?
Can I come in for a tour?
Do you require a trial evaluation?
What will my dog be doing at daycare?
Each pup enjoys play sessions throughout the day doing whatever they enjoy most! They have plenty of space to run around with friends, play with the staff, and rest in the sunshine. Between play sessions they relax and recharge with multiple potty breaks.
Do you require reservations for daycare?
When can I drop off and pick up?
You can check in for daycare any time during our operating hours, but we suggest dropping off before 12 noon to ensure your pup gets as much playtime as possible. For daycare check-out, we ask you please pick up by 7pm.
Our daycare operating hours are:
- Monday-Friday 7:30 am-7:00 pm
- Saturday 8:00 am-4:00 pm
How do I make reservations?
To make a reservation at Bittersweet Pet Resorts, please call us at (269) 684-7361.
Can I add more activities to my dog’s daycare plan?
If my plans change, what is your cancellation policy?
Can you accommodate special needs pets?
What is the difference between Bittersweet Pet Resorts and the former Alpha Boarding Center?
We are owned and operated by a local veterinary technician and pet groomer whose sole desire is to provide your pets with the best level of care. We have upgraded the facility amenities and extended hours; adding grooming, training, packages, group play, and daycare events. Our staff is certified in PPBC, OPC, and PackPro, offering top-of-the-line wellness systems. Come see the difference!